View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #1820
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
But historically, aren't cultures with less female sexual selection (i.e. women as property, etc.) *more* likely to engage in tribalistic warring behavior?
That's what wesee today, because we get to compare cultures against each other; the "rules" in people's heads are all defined differently now that we've laid down frameworks for the development of behavior. Frameworks handed down for Centuries, that start in infancy.

But in 6,000 B.C. we didn't have any of that... it's pre-culture. No books, no schools, no way to communicate across tribes, no way to socialize people and explain how to behave productively and fairly. All we had was a dumb beast who had achieved some level of consciousness.

But even though there was no communication, the behavior was the same across continents. That's what's so wild about it.

Quote:
I have always been hit on more often than my objectively way-hotter friends, and when *they* turn them down, the guys say, "ah, well, she was out of my league," but when I turn them down, it's stalker-time.
It's a small rejection for you, but the most immense rejection POSSIBLE for them. Humanity is telling them they are so unworthy that humanity doesn't want their genes in the pool.

No wonder they are angry. To replicate our DNA is the very deepest drive we know. It's built in to not just humans, but every single evolved species on earth. Every living organism has had to work out a strategy for how to deal with this.

Previously, humanity's answer was to fight to the death. That's still the answer for a lot of species. Fighting, even if both die.

Part of the pain you get to experience (lucky you) is this violent avenue being taken away from males via socialization. No wonder it is so insane and awkward.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote