View Single Post
Old 11-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
gamine
Person Who Has Posted

So I've been popping in and out of this discussion thread reading all your responses to my post and feeling, alternately, relief (whew, it's no big deal), surprise (wow, I guess there's a certain amount of male talk that seems like it means something but really means nothing), and sheepishness (okay, so I have had a twinge or two of insecurity).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspode
It might be germaine to ask you this, ma'am: Do you have any reason to believe there's anything unprofessional/immoral afoot? It has been my experience that, with a few radical exceptions, most bad vibes about such situations as you mention here have some sort of root in past experiences.
Very insightful. I agree. No - there is no reason for me to think anything suspicious is going on aside from the e-mail itself. I can see where there is the strong possibility that I am bringing more of my past history into my interpretation of the e-mail than the situation warrants. Although it was a long time ago, I once was in a serious relationship where the guy I was with cheated on me and had multiple relationships with other women without my knowledge. So, I would say my radar is probably up a little bit more than the average individual based on that experience.

Thanks, everyone for your input! And I won't sweat this one too much.
gamine is offline   Reply With Quote