View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:15 PM   #1724
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
But my DH doesn't get to do that. He works All The Time. He works all day then comes home and does yard work, fixes stuff, builds stuff, digs, etc. He always makes me feel so lame. He's your typical work-your-ass-off German, y'know? I'm so damn sick of working all the time. I mean, he doesn't *make me* do it, it's just that I feel so guilty every time I sit down to read a book or watch TV that even when I do I can't relax anymore.
And is your husband trying to get well and cope with dangerously high blood pressure? *smiles* Some people enjoy being busy.

Quote:
How do you do it? And just what gives me the right to not work all day like everyone else, anyhow? If I take a break, I feel sort of like I'm taking a vacation from a sabbatical. Seems redundant.
What gives you the 'right'? Seriously Juni, take a step back honey. It's not a contest. Nor do you have to try and match anyone busy for busy. This isn't about 'rights' it's about 'need'. You. Need. To. Rest.

Think your DH will be pleased if you kill yourself trying to keep up with his busy?

And...you're likely busier than you realise. And he probably looks at you and thinks....damn, that woman never stops :P And even if he doesn't. Even if you aren't half as busy and active as he is...so? Everyone is different. Everyone has their own limits. However busy you are, it is clearly too much. Step back.
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote