View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 09:04 AM   #35
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Lost a whole GD post - I hate the library computers sometimes/

I was basically saying that a loving relationship, or acquiring a lover, is nothing like being propositioned for money.
The flip side of that would be taking a woman on a date asking her "for coffee" at the end of it and having her bring out a charge sheet. "What's wrong honey, didn't I use the right font?"

I haven't been in a loving sexual relationship in years. Would I like to be? Probably. Not enough to actively work towards it though. And only partly because I have enough in my messed up life to deal with right now. But the idea that I would equally miss the unwanted, unasked for comments, catcalls, open discussions about my sexual orientation, size of my breasts, shape of my butt on the street just doesn't work. Little boys tend to pull the hair of the girl they fancy, then run away. Grown men don't. This is about power, not attraction.

I'd hate to think that my brother ran the same gauntlet every day with attention from gay men. He doesn't, although I'm sure there are an equal number of manipulative gay men out there who like to throw their weight around. Perhaps they have to be more careful in who they direct their aggression to because there are more men ready to stop them down for the insult.