View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Racism is dying a long slow death. It will never be completely eradicated, but over time the numbers will be so small as to not be significant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spexxvet View Post
That there is a contradiction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicman View Post
Selective quoting now? WTF?
Spexx, Classic's post makes complete sense to me. Racism as a widespread political/ social/ personal motivator will slowly cease to exist. At least I hope so. But there will always be those who follow behind social/ economic and political trends. The Amish for example - their numbers are so small as to not be significiant. And the influence of the Mormons...

Many Christians still think The Gays were what destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, rather than a lack of hospitality to Angels. And also forget Lot got off scott-free both for destroying his wife and laying with his daughters. Go figure. People's minds are messed up.

Classic, I don't really think it was selective quoting.
I got what you both said.

And Dar - that linked article lacks an awful lot of information.
I am not saying racism does not exist. But if two of the friends live in the neighbourhood and one close by (the way I read it) it seems like an excessively violent racial attack that happened for no other reason in an integrated area.

I know there are racist arseholes out there. I know they can spur eachother on. The same way there are men out there who gang rape with no previous convictions. So I am laying blame or casting aspersions. I am just questioning the lack of details in the account.