View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #50
ZenGum
Doctor Wtf

I'm getting worried about these rodents, people. It's time to ring the alarm bell.

I've read (I think in Enemy at the Gates, recommended) that as the Germans advanced through Russia, a large force of tanks (in the hundreds) was temporarily crippled when, during a few days recovery period, field mice chewed through many of the engine cables, which was not noticed until the tanks were given their next orders to advance.

Also, Herodotus' The Histories relates how an army (in old Egypt, I think) was defeated in a campaign when a plague of mice chewed all the leather straps off their equipment.

In recent times, Cellarites have reported direct attacks and even repeated home invasions by rodents.

Now, they are beginning their campaign by first picking off our allies, the dogs.

Clearly this is a species with evil intentions towards us. They are flexing their muscles, practicing their co-ordination, rehearsing their attacks. They are angry. They have defeated us in battle before.

This is no time for appeasement.

We are in trouble. Conventional firearms will be ineffective against them. No barrier is impenetrable to their evil hordes. Arm yourselves for the coming battle, my fellow humans. I recommend the nine-iron. Or fire.

To BATTLE!