View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 10:52 PM   #19
sexobon
I love it when a plan comes together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
In theory. But history shows that this is, in fact, the only way they are given a voice. You tell your kid violence isn't the answer, that it's better to turn the other cheek, that if he stoops to their level he's as bad as they are--but we all know that the bullying only stops when he finally punches back.

The very fact that you think you get to decide whether to give them a voice is precisely why they are now taking it by force. They are not outsiders seeking your benevolence. They are Americans whose ancestors have quite possibly been here longer than yours.
I've worked both insurgency and counter insurgency operations in the real world which included psychological operations and civil affairs. If they try to make people listen by force, they will be defeated. They may win some battles; but, they will lose the war (figurative speaking). That goes for anyone who believes the end justifies the means regardless of who they are.

(i.e. If you're being bullied, you don't get to start bullying others until they help you defeat YOUR bully on the premise that either no one gets bullied or everyone gets bullied. Not unless you want everyone else to get together and knock the dog shit out of you.)
sexobon is offline   Reply With Quote