View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 07:31 PM   #81
freshnesschronic
Professor

And you understand my experiences better than me? I'm disgusted how much people want to disprove anything I say and will rationalize anything that can be used against me. To think her assumption of me not being able to speak English isn't racist is just absurd. I live in America. Why shouldn't she think I speak English? Because I look different from her, a white person? Therefore I don't speak English, that's her assumption right? That assumption isn't racist? Why else would she think I don't speak English, I'm not wearing a t-shirt that says "I don't speak English." The official language of the United States is English, for her to assume I cannot understand because I hesitated in a response is ridiculous. In the last week I have experienced two more encounters of racism. I was profiled in the airport in Tri Cities, TN and was patted down and the whole sha bang a bang. Why? You take a guess. Today me and my friends were playing basketball at the local college. We were all minorities. Some old white guy in a golf cart approaches us and tells us the gym is closed. Yet there was a white guy on the other side of the court shooting by himself. We say "what about him?" The old guy says "he's with me." They never look at each other, I assumed they didn't even know each other. "He's with me?" Sounds a little shady, but with everyone here I bet all these situations of racism can be rationalized right? Jesus why can't anyone see things for what they really are instead of trying skirt the real issue.

Who said I was comparable to MLK, not I! You said you don't tolerate people who cry racism. MLK qualifies as one of those people. Didn't he cry racism? Bah, I have to go to work.

Last edited by freshnesschronic; 08-06-2007 at 07:40 PM.
freshnesschronic is offline   Reply With Quote