View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #99
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

To me, the national divide is a much bigger tsunami than Trump, muuuuch bigger problem. Let's put it this way:

Didn't we say Bush was a Fascist? Of course.

So now we're at an unsustainable level of histrionics? Of course!

Wouldn't half of us be absolutely losing our shit almost just as bad if Ted Cruz was our POTUS? Naturally!!

So... isn't Trump's personal style really just an excuse to lose our shit entirely? Because that's what we wanted to do anyway, and how convenient that he makes such a marvelous target?

~

I gotta tell you that the narcissist label is a very interesting one in this case. Having just dealt with a 10 out of 10 narcissist, I find I'm able to spot them easily enough. The answer is yeah, he is. BUT THEY ALL ARE, DID YOU NOT NOTICE? OMG, what do you say, when a very likeable bloke is not only plowing tail with the hot blond on the campaign trail, but making a baby -- while the wife sits at home dying of cancer? Politicians are narcissists, that is in the job description.

But there's this fly in the ointment of the public psychoanalysis that I can't get over, and it is this:

By all accounts, Trump's adult children are bright, well-adjusted, and perhaps nicer than he is, and they want to be a part of his life.

Inasmuch as picking a POTUS is picking the national parent, we should turn out so well. At the least it doesn't appear to have been a disaster.
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote