Thread: Moving house
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 02:40 PM   #1
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

Moving house

So I’m moving from one unusual location to an even more unusual location which will involve transshipment of all of our chattels onto and off a 17 foot passenger ferry and via wheelbarrow to our new address. This will happen in February. It does make you look at the contents of your house with a different eye, I can tell you. We’ve been having a bit of a clear out for some time now.
Over the summer we had a mahoosive sheet music clear-out which has been very beneficial.
Mr Limey was very ruthless with the vinyl and has kept a small boxful of precious records. The others went as a job lot to a local guy who has since said what a great and comprehensive (“classical music”) collection it is, a little short on opera and late 20th/21st century music is all. Nice to know it’s all gone to an appreciative new home.
I’m trying to be as tough with the books and it is hard! I’ve found a local Russian who may well want my shelf-and-a-half of Russian language classics. And a local (online) bookseller who will want the books of local interest and some of the Art books I hope ....
Today by chance I found a home for the harmonium locally, and secured the “retirement” home for our pet snake.
There are other furniture items which are posing a problem. I’ll keep you posted as I find solutions [emoji846]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk