Thread: Betting tips
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 06:57 PM   #840
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookout123 View Post
Teams often play different tactics in the tournament because of that risk. It is overly defensive and often fails to produce exciting games. But it is a glamour event and gets a lot of attention.
On the internet, and in life, I find few who truly examine this sport properly.
This game is about defence.
If you find the Italian style (Italy, AC Milan) of play boring, well you wll be disapointed, because, those are the teams that hold the titles at this time, and those are the teams to beat, as they are the best.
Its their defence that makes them the best.
This sport has changed.
S.american footbal has died, as did the nations who represent that continent.
Europe is where footbal lives, as leagues and nations.
Quote:
League play is about quality and consistency. Each team plays every other team twice - home and away. Those that play the best throughout the season rise to the top. There is no chance of a lucky or unlucky draw deciding the title holder. Inevitably a couple of teams of the highest quality end up battling it out over the last few weeks.
What I am saying, is that the elite teams in european leagues, are not interested in the title, allowing a smaller team to win it.

In Italy, rarely does the best team, win the campionato.
They really do have their priorities straight in Italy, but then again, politics is involved.
In England, the same thing.
Very rarely do we see the #1 ranked team in England, win he Premiership. Again, its about having priorities straight.
Arsenal would be the only elite team in England who see things differently... of course, we can blame Wenger.
In Greece, lol, Olympiakos wins the league every year, however,its Panathinaikos that has done wonders in Europe.
Reaching CL Semi's and Q-Finals while the greek champion have a 6-23 goal differential in Europe.

Quote:
This phenomenon makes perfect sense when you realize that the big teams are expected to produce silverware every year. When they get towards the end of the campaign they have to prioritize. Liverpool for instance is never in the running for the League, so they rest players during league games and pin ALL their hopes for glory on the CL.
Reality check!
The success of finishing in the top 4 in England is obtaining a ticket to the Champions league.
1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place, are pretty much the same thing.
Believe me, Franchises do not depend on Winning leagues for the prize money... thats pocket change.
Liverpool have their priorities 100% on the champions league.

Let me give it to you this way.
If Liverpool had Wenger, they would have won all 75% of Premier league titles, yet, they would have not made it to any CL final.

Understand the money aspect of a franchise.
Most money is generated by being on late CL stages.
This exposure and success raises the value of all players involved.
This kind of economical gain outweighs by far any economical success of winning the premier league.