View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
Shattered Soul
Shuttered and locked

"Over the years, we have seen a disturbing and growing trend in our federal courts to deny the rights of our states and our citizens to acknowledge God openly and freely."

(Perhaps, but these people only want it to be legal for those who believe as THEY do to be able to acknowledge God "openly and freely.")

"Foundation for Moral Law"

(One does not have to be religious to be moral. In fact, morality has little to do with most practiced religious viewpoints)

"What these bills would actually do is restore our Constitution to its fundamental basis of God. It would restore the right of people and children to pray at school before their lunches, restore the right of public officials to acknowledge God," Moore said.

(What about the rights of people to be free of religion? What about the rights of pagans to pray to whomever they worship? Apparantly these people have not heard of the idea of separation of church and state, nor do they remember the reason for it)