View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #11
Flint
Snowflake

Here's another thing being broadcast:

There are a lot of "fight" videos going around, and worse. Violence, torture, death. But the descriptions of them always justify the violence.

Russian military strap a man to a pole and beat him with a rubber hose--but it's okay because he was a child molester. Actually he wasn't, he was a drug dealer, but people just go, "oh well, he deserved it anyway!"

Militarized African police torture a helpless victim, but again he's supposedly a "child molester" so okay, people believe that with no cited sources, and are "okay" with police torture. People are okay with militarized authority figures acting as judge, jury, and presumably executioner.

I guarantee you that there are member of the Cellar who would respond to what I'm saying by saying, "they're criminal, they deserve it!" What if they are simply political dissidents? What if the local sheriff's girlfriend left him, and he's torturing the guy he heard she's sleeping with?

My point is, these videos are normalizing violence, and glorifying government authority to act above legal norms.

So... the thing is. This is happening almost every day in America. Our cops have a "few bad apples" but the bad ones never get punished. People who protest an unjust system, get called terrorists. In the meantime, there are cameras EVERYWHERE, and there is overwhelming video evidence of an absolute epidemic of police brutality. And our leaders not only look the other way--they support the bad guys! Mind-numbing.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote