Thread: Mueller
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #29
tw
Read? I only know how to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
It will be interesting to see what the Dems do with this mess.
The critical events will be between now and Jan 1. Democrats still will have no power. The acting Attorney General has made his intent clear. Debate is widespread whether he will learn what Mueller has found and act in a responsible manner like a moderate. Or will act on his political right wing extremist biases.

I hear many speculate that the office will change his mindset and make him act in a responsible manner. And others who know him personally are saying he will derail the entire Mueller investigation as he has always said he would.

I believe Trump's strategy is clear. Without Sessions acting in a responsible manner, the many tools that Whitaker has to destroy a Mueller investigation will easily derail the entire thing.

Not that Mueller is a fool. Many parts of his investigation have been passed on to other jurisdiction including some state AGs.

I believe we will see another Saturday Night Massacre in the next seven weeks. Trump's near meltdowns this past week (noted by his Tweets) suggest that is exactly what he desperately wants. And if Whitaker does not do what Trump orders, then Trump will fire him and get someone else.

Like Nixon and the mafia, The Don has no respect for America. Only relevant is The Don (just like Nixon). He has plenty of time to subvert an investigation of a man who has clearly been corrupt and has routinely lied most of his life. As he said, he can murder someone on Fifth Ave and not be prosecuted. He said that before he was president. As president, he most certainly believes it - even more. Power corrupts.

Trump has no respect for the law and no respect for investigations that advance American principles. Trump is only about Trump - as made obvious, but again, even by an embarrassing visit to the Pittsburgh massacre.

We have seven weeks to watch the next variation of a Saturday Night Massacre. And this time with no adversary to challenge him. You can be damn sure the Supreme Court will not challenge him. And Congress will be all Republican loyalists during this time. There are no reasons why it will not happen - or be attempted.
tw is offline   Reply With Quote