View Single Post
Old 03-04-2013, 04:05 AM   #123
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfootfoot View Post
Great photos Sundae! I'll have to take back all that trash I talked about food in Britain.
That's also a gorgeous coat.
You were right about me losing my sense of humour though.
I guess sometimes the things that make you go hmmm are the ones that strike home
I'll forgive you anything if'n you like my coat anyway... Still getting used to it. It's technically a cape - has no arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
How did the duck egg prices compare to chicken egg prices? Over here they're ludicrously expensive.
Damn, I cut the price off in my photo.
They are more expensive than hens' eggs, but they're not in the luxury food realm. They're probably £2-3 per half dozen. Large free-range eggs are about a pound cheaper. Caged (battery) farmed eggs are cheaper yet, but I don't buy those.

We're a nation of duck-keepers. Or at least we're a county of duck-keepers. True Aylesbury Ducks are rare now, but a recognised breed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisinhouston View Post
I loved the Borough Market the last time my wife and I were in London last February (2012)! It was quite cold, snow even fell on London but I dragged my wife down to the market on a Saturday morning and we got some cheeses, cured meats and breads, enough for the week we were there for snacks and fun foods. I liked it more than Chelsea which is fun but a bit more touristy.
Am now embarrassed at the idea that it's possible to go to Borough Market and not take countless photos...
Glad you enjoyed it too. With a bigger budget - or any at all - I might not have been able to make it home under the weight of my purchases. Even with my stomach shrunk to the size of a pickled walnut I still could have purchased something from every stall.