View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #1544
glatt

I don't have a chart to show you, but picture two circle groups that line up almost perfectly with one another.

My wife was telling me a story yesterday about her day at work. She works as a school based substitute teacher, which means she floats around a lot during the day. When she has nothing to do, she offers to do chores.

Yesterday, she was sorting through the lost and found box. The items were piled high, just bursting out of the lost and found box. So she started by sorting items by those that were labeled with a name and those that were not.

Then she went to the school library, where she could look up the student name in the system and see what home room each kid had, and return the item.

The PCs in the library have been set up to make a loud alert sound whenever a student with a bunch of overdue books has their account accessed. That way, the librarian can ask about it before loaning out more books.

Can you guess where this is leading? Every single student who is the kind of student who leaves their hoodie in the mulch on the playground is the same kind of student who also has a lot of overdue library books. That machine was sounding loud alerts the entire time my wife was looking up the names on the lost and found items. And the librarian kept looking up with each chime.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote