View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #9439
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

I dunno that I agree with that kind of thinking, Blue.
That's like saying it's okay to key someone's car, as long as it's a Merc. Because you know, they can afford it.

Honest people already pay a shoplifting surcharge. Seems wrong to think we want to pay any more. And yes, I do count myself as honest. I've only deliberately shoplifted as a teen, sneaking pick & mix sweets up my sleeve as well as putting them into the bag I was paying for. I'll admit to times as an adult where I've not owned up to a mistake by a shopkeeper or cashier. But I've felt bad about it (because that, like, helps...)

I feel for people who can't afford to eat. I've been near that in the past. Not living here and not while posting on the Cellar. But were these people honestly starving, or were they freeloading?

Oh and while I'm at it - mothers, you know you are going to a supermarket.
You know you have a child.
Feed it BEFORE you get there.
Don't hand over an empty packet to the cashier all smug because you weren't stealing after all. And yes, those grapes and cherries ARE stolen, because no-one weighs your child.
We never got fed when we were out shopping. We had three meals a day at set times. And no, it didn't stop me getting fat, and my bro is a bit porky these days, but my ex-sister is rail thin; evidence you make your own choices when you grow up.

Gosh, I've come across really harsh today haven't I?
I think I'll kick Diz downstairs now, just to get a hat-trick.