View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #2035
Pooka
Your Invisible Rabbit Friend

First of all... why would you want the government to have such a hand in your health care. Think about it.

If the reason is to make it more available and more affordable for everyone... well... there is Medicaid, there is Medicare, and hospitals cannot deny you care if you go to an emergency room. If you pay as little as $5 a month they cannot send you to collections. If you make too much to qualify for assistance… then let me ask you… do you buy cigarettes, sodas, alcohol… learn to budget. If you can't find $5 in your monthly budget it may be time for a second job.

I can tell you it won’t make it more accessible. We can look to California and Canada as examples of “why not”. You will wait longer for access. Your taxes will be higher. The government will have trouble paying facilities... if facilities aren't paid the employees have to wait for pay.
Obama doesn't like that Insurance companies increase premiums every year... well... the population ages and is increasingly becoming sicker (they raise the premiums to cover the risk… they actually run on a fairly small profit margin)... do you really think the government won't increase the taxes to cover the cost of the healthcare year after year just as the Health Insurance companies have done. Health care will become more expensive for everyone, it will suffer in quality, and people will find it much harder to get the care they need. Don’t believe me? Talk to friends in CA or in Canada… they have been living it… and by the way look at the finances of California… it is a glimpse of the future if Obama has his way. This is NOT a good thing any way you slice it.
Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote