Thread: Bikes!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 08:21 AM   #556
Griff
still says videotape

I've come to realize that fitness is always a work in progress. Old injuries try to get in the way, work gets in the way, important commitments get in the way so I commit to my exercise routine especially on the days I'm not feeling it. It helps that my riding partner is a true hyper-competitive hard-ass. I'm pretty tenacious but he really has a vision of how fit he intends to be when he hits retirement. I have a base minimum of 3 fitness activities a week. I'm doing two fencing nights and one mountain biking morning and just lately I've added some youtubed pilates routines which help my lower back and hamstrings. I'm coming to grips with the reality that I cannot eat like I used to and still keep the weight off with enough exercise. Right now I'm a pretty fit guy with a substantial gut which could wreck my back, so I'm slowly cutting back on the chow.

Bottom line: I find activities which I enjoy and commit to them and now and then I get an endorphin rush so strong I'm worried the suits in Washington might try to ban it.
Attached Images