View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
I have those too [snip] and the way to get to them is always kind of tricky, like I have to squeeze through a narrow passage beneath the stairs.
Ah now that's a slight difference. My new rooms in existing houses are always easy to get to. But I do also dream I have moved somewhere new and it is hard to get into. And I'm kidding myself it will be okay and I'll just get used to it. Often the route involves my two fears, confined spaces and height. So to get into my new flat/ room/ whatever will involve climbing a ladder and then twisting round to squeeze into a small hole in a wall.

I'm open-minded as to what it means, but I know part of the access-problem dream draws on my memories of watching my Dad go up into the loft as a child. He did it easily, but something about the stepladder at the top of the stairs, and the way he had to lift himself up into the hole always scared me.

I can almost always track down where the images in my dreams come from. Just not the meaning. I'm no Freudian, but it seems odd that the same story plays again and again.