View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #1023
Sundae
polaroid of perfection

Very disappointing pasta today.
I bought pre-made fresh ravioli and froze it. This has never affected taste or quality in my memory. But it was supposed to be chicken and chilli. Couldn't taste either. Just bland meh.

Mum said the sauce, to which I added turkey mince as a healthier option, was very good. But again to me it was just meh.
Needed to whack up the Italian herbs and dump plenty hot sauce in there.
In fact I made it blander than usual for Mum's sake, and also because I thought the pasta would carry the flavour.

Too bloody hot in the kitchen tonight. I was sweating like a fat girl in a chipshop.
Three pans going at the very end (pasta and sauce for us, peas for Dad) and the microwave. Dad wanted a microwave lasagne rather than real food. With peas.
Still he spent the afternoon in hospital (see Upsetting thread) so what he wanted, he got.

Going to cobble together a faux-Caesar Salad for Mum and me tomorrow.
I'll cook some chicken earlier in the day so we can eat in a reasonably cool environment.
Yes I know I'm precious about them when restaurants deviate from the proper recipe, but they charge for serving it, I don't. I might even let Mum have cucumber in hers

Last edited by Sundae; 07-08-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Sundae is offline   Reply With Quote