Thread: Trilby
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #74
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
PS: I apologize if you are freaked out when Trilby continues to post. Claudette's life does live on through me and Dan.
Taylor, Danny, please do continue your presence here.

A couple of thoughts:

I'm about Trilby's age and I lost my Dad when I was pretty young. I miss him terribly still, but though the heat of that grief has cooled, I do still wish I knew more about him. Things like what he said, how he was as an adult (especially now that I'm an adult), since I only knew him as Dad. I don't have a lot material to work with here, some pictures, some second hand stories. Naturally I love those, but their not his voice. Trilby most definitely left her voice here for all to see, as richlevy pointed out above. I don't know how much hanging out in the cellar you've done up to now, but I assure you your Mom's presence is considerable.

Additionally, she had many friends here. Friends who I am sure would be happy to talk to you about her, in public, like these posts, and in private. I don't know how much she talked about us, but we knew a bit about you, and from us you might learn about her. Assuming you want to. We're here, we'd love to have you here too.

I hope you and your family are getting by ok, I know it's tough. **hugs**