View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 PM   #10876
monster
I hear them call the tide

OMG........ what a horrific experience, but good news to report.... it's booked! and for not a whole shit ton more than the best price we saw originally!

The long story.......
decided to bite the bullet and pay the higher price today rather than waiting in hope because yolo and all that. As I was booking suddenly the hotel we picked was no longer available (then why the fuck did it show up in the search results?)... need to start over. try other dates we haven't tried before.... looked at other hotels.... timed out...... refresh.... wash rinse repeat............ hotel comes back. way more than we wanted to pay but doable. BOOK BOOK BOOK! get to the very last bit -return flight -suddenly there's an option that isn't at all unattractive to us (just one layover, no obvious difference from the others) that seems to take $500 each off the price...... clicked it to see... that happened... went through all the checkout... price still good..... all traveler, cc details entered, hit pay....it wants to log me in because it recognized the email address.... and the whole shebang disappears.

Called customer service, expected them to claim such a price was impossible..... took a while, she asked the price, said she would take care of us...... and found it pretty much, same hotel, slightly different flights, but no worse.... booked it... etc. Overall maybe we're paying maybe $500 total more than the very best price we saw when we weren't quite ready to book.....

a little good karma is long overdue I feel, so I'm not gonna worry about the shitstorm that must be coming as I normally would.... but I think I aged 20 years.

Last edited by monster; 07-12-2017 at 06:42 PM.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote