View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM   #37
chrisinhouston
Professor

Well it's Monday and mom is now not eaten food for 26 days! She is weak and sleeps a lot but then wakes and is very talkative. She still only drinks 10-20 ounces of liquid in a day (water or sometimes some 7Up). I've started using some of the medicines in the hospice E kit. A bit of morphine for pain, haloperidol for anxiety. We have packed out most of her apartment other then what is in her bedroom or the bed my wife is sleeping in, a table and some chairs. The kids took quite a bit. I put some of the stuff on Craig's List and sold her electric wheelchair for $300 which is about all it was worth as it was pretty used.

We joke that she paid for a month's rent and wants to get her money's worth so is waiting for the end of February. And then we joke that she should hold out for March 1st so she can get another Social Security check and one from her pension as well. If she dies before Wednesday we are going to be hard pressed to clear out the rest of the apartment but we figure there isn't much the apartment management can do!

I took this picture of her on Saturday. Her dog loves to have her tummy rubbed.
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote