Thread: MLB 2011 Season
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
W.HI.P
Free

MLB 2011 Season

AMERICAN LEAGUE

AL EAST

The Tampa Bay Rays have completely dominated this division these past couple years, and we've been riding on them ever since they finished last overall in the Majors.
That dominance has now come to an end, as they've given away key units, and are in the rebuilding stages.
It is a necessary step to take given their super-rivals in this division.
The Rays hold on to Price and Longoria, while they give away Crawford and Pena..... They continue to hold some amazing prospects who have yet to play in the major leagues, so this rebuilding stage should take no longer than 1-2 years.
They will again compete for this division at that time.

In the meantime, the Boston Red Sox have built what looks like a World series team.
Boston's line-up is outstanding.
I can't really say which is the greater addition...Carl Crawford or Adrian Gonzalez.... Adrian looks to have a MONSTER season batting out of San Diego.... people have yet to realize how amazing of a bat Adrian is.... they will in Boston.
Boston's Bullpen is elite, while their only weakness appears to be their rotation.

The Yankees are left trying to grab that wildcard spot...so they'll most likely be racing against a team in the central for that spot.

The Orioles are looking pretty good as they continue to rebuild....if i ran the team, i would finish with the least amount of wins as possible as there is little hope in competing against these super-powers at this stage.

The Blue Jays are the perfect example of what not to do as a baseball franchise.
no pitching in site...old, ready to retire bats.
The only real exciting thing in Toronto this year, is they picked up speedy Davis to use as a lead-off man...but again, he's not young, so there is no hope in site for this team any time in the next decade.

AL CENTRAL

This is a very tough division to predict at this point in time.
Very closely matched are the teams within.
The Minnesota Twins line-up really stands out.
Mauer, Morneau, Delmon Young, Nishioka and Span as the lead-off guy, will put a lot of runs this year.
Their weakness is their rotation, otherwise i'd be riding on this team to win this division.
The Chicago White Sox and Detroit Tigers remain strong and in contention, but again, as i said its hard to pull one of these teams out and point at them as the dominant force here.
The most interesting thing i see here, beyond the Twins line-up are the Clevland Indians.
Carlos Santana is very impressive.
Choo has established himself in the majors as a force.
Chris Perez is one of the absolute elite closers in the game.
Now, i don't know if they'll be going for a pennant race this year, but the pieces are there to at least be competitive this year or the next.
The KC Royals are not too far back anymore either ...perhaps they need to continue to rebuild.

AL WEST

This is turning out to be a very weak division.
All teams are under par, all around the .500 mark and below.
I'm putting some coins on the Oakland A's winning it, although i've not been impressed with some of the mistakes they've been making in the field so far this season.
The A's rotation is very very impressive....Brett Anderson, Cahill, and Gonzales should all end this season with a positive record.
The Rangers bats are superior, but they do not have anything close to the A's in pitching.
The Seattle Mariners can't do worse than they did last year, while my Angels are looking to have their worst season in recent history

NATIONAL LEAGUE

NL EAST

I'm going with the Atlanta Braves here yet again this year!
The Line-up looks even better than it did last season!
Jason Heyward, Brian McCann, Dan Uggla, Martin Prado, Chipper Jones, Alex Gonzales, and young Freddie Freeman, make up one of the absolute elite line-ups in the national league.
There does appear to be some early pitching issues in the team, but if the Braves are known for something, it's their ability to bring fourth pitching out of no-where.

The Phillies are the HUGE HUGE favorite wo win this division and the national league, but I'm not sold on them.
Their pitching is the main reason why one would say that, but when you look deep into the line-up, you'll see that the Phillies are not as strong as people percieve.
Chase Utley is out till at least half way through the season.
Rollins is just a mediocre short stop, and Howard is not one of the top 5 first basemen in the league.

The Marlins will be the main competition to the two above teams mentioned.
Pitching looks to be improved a little bit, but their not quite there yet.

The NY Mets looks to have their worst season in a long time.

The Washington Nationals are the team of the future here.
They will not be showing that form this year though......next year for sure!

NL CENTRAL

This division belongs to the Cincinnati Reds.
Their line-up is clearly the best in the division...the bullpen is without any doubt the best in the division.
The only questions that come up are in regards to the rotation which early on appears to have some trouble.

SURPRISE SURPRISE, the reds main opponent is NOT the Cardinals.
It's actually the Pittsburgh Pirates!
The line-up is really really good....you'll see!
Pedro Alvarez & McCutchen mainly, but Walker, Tabata and jones are also worthy of mentioning.
Again, pitching is the only question with this team.

The greatest threat to the above two teams mentioned, appears to
be the Chicago Cubs of all teams.
Some very interesting players have come out of the woodworks to catch my attention.
Shortstop Castro looks like an amazing bat.
Carlos Pena can seriously hit it out of the park.
Marmol is 1 of the 3 best closers in the game.

The Milwakee Brewers, who have fixed some of the problems they were facing last season.
IMO, they're not there yet, but the experts tell you that the Brewers are gonna win this thing.

The St.Louis Cardinals face serious health issues with their pitching and bats, so you cannot calculate them for this season.

Things look pretty depressing in Houston as they appear to be one of the weakest links in the game along with the toronto blue jays

NL WEST

Not too much separates the top 3 teams in this division.
I can't chose one to make a bet.
Dodgers, Giants and Rockies in a 3 horse race for it.
Padres and diamondbacks look like lesser teams