Thread: MLB 2011 Season
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #7
W.HI.P
Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by plthijinx View Post
the astros as always will wait until after the break to start to show up and play ball. they do it almost every year. drayton mcclain is selling the 'stros so maybe the next owner will spend a little more jack to get some more players to take the place of oswalt, biggio, bagwell just to name a few. lance bergman comes to mind too. they are my team though and i will stick with them through the bad times as well as the good. you watch, whenever the heck i get up to pitts pa, i will go to the game with my astros hat and shirt on and support my team. even if it means a good ol' yankee asswhoopin of a southern boy! oh and i will take a rfn pic and post it too.
The Astros do tend to spend money should they be in the running, but this highly unlikely, due to the weakness of the team overall.
It would take quite a few players to put this team into contention as it is.
I've always favored the drafting system as opposed to free agents, or trading for established players.
Baseball is a little different than other N.American sports, but the draft is still what makes the team.
See World series Tampa Bay Rays.
Also, look at the Washington Nationals develop in the next couple years.