View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
Cyber Wolf
As stable as a ring of PU-239

Location: On a huge rock covered in water, highly advanced moss and 7 billion parasites
I was a Girl Scout too for several years and for me the meetings and activities seemed much like school for teaching values, but much more fun. Garnet's right, when you're that age it doesn't matter what the political ideals behind it are. You're more concerned with writing that simple program to get your Computer Science badge or your time spent helping out at a horse stable to get your Animal Care badge. The rewards you get as a kid in scouting are something you can feel proud about for the rest of your life, be it a sash full of pins and badges, the friends you make, knowledge of the places you go...I say go for it. If they simply don't like it, take them out of the program and no harm done.

"I don't see why it matters what is written. Not when it's about people. It can always be crossed out." ~Adam Young, Good Omens
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote