View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #15
IamSam
Now living the life of a POW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
I got spider veins. They present as small red spots on the skin and then s-p-r-e-a-d. Til they look like red biders. Peeps think I wear scarves now because I've lost so much weight. I admit I'm colder, but it's more because of my red marks.

Aggravated by heat/ exposure to sunlight. Mine came on last summer. I was walking in the shade, then turned a corner (literal not metaphorical) and felt like I was really burning up. Got home to see I had red dots all over my chest and arms. And they've grown since. It's like the bruising; something I've always had but is exacerbated due to my condition.

And yes, a f**ked up liver f**ks everything up. It's the powerhouse of your body. Look after your liver, people. Damn thing can wreck your health if you don't. And that will serve you right I admit.
Yuck, Sundae! I'm sorry you have to put up with that. With all the bad things I've victimized my own helpless liver with, I wouldn't be surprised to wake up one morning colored puce!

Here's a toast - non-alcoholic, of course - to the return of spring, the departure of dots of any shade, and our continued co-existance with each of our livers!