View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 07:46 PM   #1601
TheMercenary
“Hypocrisy: prejudice with a halo”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam View Post
Congress will never do any cost cutting of Medicare and the Sustainable Growth Rate adjustment for doctors (SGR)
Have you looked at the history of Congress and how they have cut costs of Medicare over say, let's pick the last 4 years, and can you show me what a great job they have done at cutting costs?

Quote:
If you give people insurance, they will use it (duh)
Nope, they will not get it unless they need it.

Quote:
Congress is dancing with special interests
Absolutely!

I checked out the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (a NONPARTISAN think group) http://www.cbpp.org/cms/index.cfm?fa=view&id=3021 and here's what they state

on Sustainable Growth Rate adjustment for doctors

Quote:
I also might add that the perception that Congress will not act to control Medicare costs is a false one. Again check out the documentation in the link above if you're interested.
I do not believe that for one minute. Remember now that cost controls are not just a factor of reducing payments to the providers. All that does is make more docs drop Medicare payments as reimbursements decrease. Ok, let me ask you this. If it is such a big deal why have they not fixed it until now? Why? Because of lobbyists and special interests have prevented them from doing so. All of a sudden it is a big frigging deal. So they have let us get screwed for all these years and now it is an issue?

http://www.heritage.org/research/healthcare/hl857.cfm

Quote:
This is just my opinion. Congress dances with special interests on EVERYTHING. And look at Dick Cheney's connection with Halliburton or Bush's tie with big oil and the Bin Laden's. I won't say that this complaint does not have some validity, but it is part of a larg Her over-all problem in American government. Republicans are lapdogs to one set of groups and Democrats to another. And often special interest groups will try to play one party off against another. I'm sure the Roman Empire had the same problem.
Agreed.