Thread: Terrier Breeds
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 12:42 PM   #129
sugarpop
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnhowdy View Post
My nearest neighbor is a half mile away. I let my dogs out three times a day to potty. I never let them out of my sight.
But the law here is, if I don't have them on a leash, Badaboombaddabing. 150 bucks. Pay the man at the door. The total weight of my two dogs is 35 lbs. What a major threat to my neighbors 2640 feet down the road on the other side of a 5 lane highway.
I agree with you about leashing your pet in certain scenarios. But I've cared for my dogs 7 & 9 years without incident. Now they want me to tie a leash around my buddies' necks every time they need to go outside? I beg to differ. They'll just have to fine me. Fork 'em.
That is a little different. I was speaking more in terms of being in close contact with other people. And I acknowledge that some dogs can be off-leash and not run up to other people or attack or act up. Those dogs are well trained. Not all dogs are though, and it's hard to tell if a dog is off leash running around the neighborhood which he will be, unless you know the dog personally. In the country it doesn't matter as much, and I agree the laws should be different in those situations.
sugarpop is offline   Reply With Quote