View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #7
richlevy
King Of Wishful Thinking

Another Free at noon Friday the 13th

Another free at noon is on Friday the 13th

http://xpn.org/wxpn-concerts-events-...r/free-at-noon

Marci, Jeff, and I are going again. I will be getting another coupon for gift certificates for lunch at World Cafe. It was too cold to hang around last time, so I still have my gift certificate for Zhi-Wei-Guan Dim Sum. We did stop by Chinatown and check it out and it looked interesting.

BTW, the %50 off coupon code for gift certificates is 'cupid'. At a guess, they might go to %70 off coupons on Tuesday, which will let me buy a $25 gift certificate for $3.

Lunch at World Cafe last time was great! I tried the 'eggplant fries', even though I don't like eggplant. The portions were large, and the food was good.

Last time there was metered street parking right in front of the building! The metered parking I had last time was before Philadelphia's "Let's double the meter rates and who needs to park in one spot for more than an hour" campaign. Actually, while I know that they have doubled the rates, but I'm not sure about whether they have lowered the maximum time.

On January 2nd, there was plenty of parking, but that was probably over winter vacation. Since this is at the fringe of Drexel and Penn, this Friday might be tougher. I don't think having to pay a garage $20 for 3 hours of parking makes sense. I'd love to take the train, but the cost for 3 round trip tickets from Marcus Hook is $30, not counting bus fare to Chinatown if we go there.

So I'm going to drive in and see what happens.
I have always believed that hope is that stubborn thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us so long as we have the courage to keep reaching, to keep working, to keep fighting. -- Barack Hussein Obama
richlevy is offline   Reply With Quote