View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 11:06 AM   #200
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla View Post
Howdy, everybody. [waves]
Hi back! You've been missed. Let's get back on track.

I want to say at the outset that I have two posts. One is a response to your ad hominem attacks on dwellars. The other addresses your take on the political news, in this thread and in others.

They overlap considerably, and I find that unfortunate. Your attacks on the people here are really just a petty distraction, though at times they can be very petty and very distracting. I have little desire to engage you there. But you also use that tactic when discussing matters I find interesting and important. Still distracting, still petty.

They belie a weakness, an unsoundness to your arguments. Giving Hillary Clinton the label "The Unindicted Felon" is just cheap name calling. Obviously you could use her name, or her title "Secretary", those are descriptive and non pejorative. But you don't. Why don't you? I think it's because you dislike her and also because you have a mean bent. But that bend gets in the way of your arguments, reducing their persuasiveness to any not already swimming in your kool-aid. Of course I've seen this from you for years, and I try to edit it out so that I can more clearly see what you're trying to say. This is difficult for me and often I'm left with only a pile of insults among the scraps. The lacy remains of your argument can easily be seen through.

Y'know, maybe you could give us a TL;DR executive summary of your take at the beginning of these flames. I appreciate your writing, you're as mean and cutting as the best of them. But I'm also interested in hearing the ideas from someone who "stopped voting Democratic a while back". Not just the clickbait--I can get enough of that shit from Hannity et al. Show me your work. I struggle to know what's outside my bubble. You, you are outside my bubble. And I can hear you. I want to know what you have to say.