View Single Post
Old 05-11-2005, 11:37 AM   #11
lookout123
changed his status to single

i'm sure it is true, there are idiots abundant in every religion and philosophy. and that guy deserved to catch a chisel between the eyes.

but seriously, don't you get tired of dogging people who hold faith in a higher power than themselves? it goes in spurts around here. nothing for awhile, and then several threads will careen off into christian bashing. quite often people who call themselves christians deserve to be slapped around for being stupid - but i don't see how that justifies ridicule of those that choose to follow Christ's teachings.

i'm not very good analogies but here goes: TW is an engineer who has liberal leanings. I disagree with TW on damn near everything. Should I then feel justified in ridiculing all liberal, or all engineers as stupid arrogant jackasses who...? or can i just realize that TW is one person who makes his own choices and it would be unfair to judge all by the actions of one?

edit: reread my post and thought i should clarify. TW - i do not think you are stupid. arrogant, sure. jackass, maybe. it was just an awkward analogy.

Last edited by lookout123; 05-11-2005 at 11:41 AM.
lookout123 is offline   Reply With Quote