View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

May 16th, 2017: Turkey Farm

How ya gonna keep ‘em down on the farm, after they’ve seen Istanbul?
By making the farm, in this case 38° 30° Farm, as sexy as the big city.
This “farm” has no critters, just tourists who come to see the building and sample(and hopefully buy) the cheeses they make there.

See those strips of grass that look like they're growing in the cracks? Several of varying length, all part of the design.

Quote:
This boutique dairy factory in western Turkey wraps a glazed courtyard offering visitors glimpses of the cheese production.
The Farm of 38° 30° is named after the coordinates of its site in a valley near the village of Afyon Tazlar, in Turkey's
Afyonkarahisar Province.
Production process and spaces are arranged in an ellipse enclosing an inner green courtyard with a circular patio for events
like tasting sessions. While the outer facades are made predominantly of stone, glass walls surround the yard to offer
visitors a 360-degree view of the building's interior.

Quote:
"While ensuring maximum efficiency for the production line as in a 'classical' cheese factory building, the boutique factory
adopts a more contemporary attitude via its monumental form," said the architects. Slats of Corten steel forming sun blinds
in front of the glass walls tighten in sequence to increase the shade and privacy of spaces used by staff.
I didn't know they made cor-ten steel anymore, maybe just not here.

My brain knows Turkey is a modern Nuclear capable nation, but I can't shake the images of bearded dudes with headwraps
sitting around drinking coffee out of those tiny cups.
This kind of blows my visions of flying carpets and harem girls, all to hell.

link