View Single Post
Old 01-01-2003, 06:26 PM   #20
SteveDallas
Your Bartender

Oh, well, after we got the kids to bed, my wife was watching some stuff on the Tivo and I was reading Lord of the Rings. (I meant to re-read it before I saw Fellowship of the Ring, but I never got around to it, so here I am starting it after The Two Towers.) Around 11:55 I wandered downstairs to retrieve my XM satellite radio from the kitchen and take it up to the bedroom. By this time my wife had disappeared and the TV was on ABC so I sat down. At about 11:59:15 I yelled upstairs, "You better come on if you want to see it." She answered in the affirmative and showed up about 11:59:51, we watched it, then flipped around to see what the other networks were doing, and then I listened to the radio & read for a bit more and she watched some more Tivo-ized shows.

In case you didn't guess, New Year's Eve is not #1 on my list of fabulous holidays I enjoy celebrating. Thanks to a nasty virus I'm just getting over, I couldn't even have a nice stiff drink (which I'm generally in favor of on any evening, New Year's or not).
SteveDallas is offline   Reply With Quote