View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #307
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I had some Potatoes Going Funny Soup.

I checked out several potato soup recipes and realized I didn't half half that shit in my cupboard, so I made things up as I went along ...

See, I had these potatoes that I bought two weeks ago at not my regular supermarket ... and they went funny fast. Didn't just grow those stubby little eye things (which doesn't happen that swiftly with my regular market taties), but they put out these colored things that were starting to produce leaves and all.

Didn't want to throw them away, and needed a way to salvage three potatoes at once (I had used one for a cheese potato and sausage omelet last weekend).

Had an onion sitting around too ... peeled and diced, tossed into the pot with some oil (plain old veggie oil, couldn't find the olive oil, might have thrown it away post expiration date). While the onions were sweating, knocked off the eyes, scrubbed, peeled, and diced the taters.

Tossed them into the onions.

Added garlic powder, black pepper, cooked for 15 minutes, covered with water, cooked for another 15 minutes. Added a wee bit more water.

Then I tried to used the immersion blender attachment from my Kitchenaid Handmixer. Useless for this application ... put on regular beaters. Splashed soup around kitchen, but ended up with a smooth soup, which is what I wanted.

Awesome, particularly with a handful of cheese and some croutons tossed at it.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote