View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 07:40 AM   #6335
glatt

I was issued a new iPhone SE 128 GB by work. Yay! A fringe benefit they haven't taken away yet.

Yesterday, I backed up my old phone on iTunes on my work desktop. I specifically chose not to back up the health data that may reside in that old phone because there were several warnings that if I did that, the files would be encrypted and I would need to create a password. The warnings even said that I should write the password down because the data could not be retrieved without it.

So I chose to save without the health data, and wasn't prompted to create a password.

I turned the old phone in to IT and brought the new phone back to my desktop. Open iTunes and select the option to restore the backup I just created.

And the fucking thing asked me for my password. I did not set a password.

So I put in my old phone passcode. Then tried my apple ID. Then tried my old apple ID.

Then I researched the issue, and found that tons of others have had the same problem. They were only successful when they started randomly putting in passwords they used to use for all their accounts in the olden days. Apple is somehow requiring an old password. So I'm racking my brain entering every variation of old passwords I used to have. Nothing works.

I called the IT person, and she's going to not erase my old phone yet. So I'll try to get that back from her and see if I can do this again through iCloud or by encrypting the files in iTunes and actually creating a new password for this stuff.

Apple is supposed to be better than this. It should be easy. WTF?

I literally don't have time for this.
glatt is offline   Reply With Quote