View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #4188
wolf
lobber of scimitars

I made a terrible mistake last week. I went shopping at the supermarket I don't usually go to. The one where I nearly always run into a crazy person I know, and the one that I know better than to buy fruit in. So what did I do? I bought fruit. Bananas from a banana conglomerate that I never heard of before, and they were all pretty uniformly green on the display, and I never buy bananas that green, but I really wanted bananas, so I bought them anyway. They are finally and nearly edible stage ... six days later. They are usually banana bread fodder at six days, people. But anyway, I'm finally ready to eat one of these things and it's like a damn wrestling match trying to extract the banana from the peel, top wouldn't snap off like they're supposed to, just rotated around and around making the top end of the banana all mushy. Was about to resort to using a knife when the peel split near the top. I now have banana goo under my fingernails from trying to enlarge the itty bitty split. I should have gone for the knife. Or I should have bought these Peruvian bananas.

"Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception." --G. Edward Griffin The Creature from Jekyll Island

High Priestess of the Church of the Whale Penis
wolf is offline   Reply With Quote