View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #56
Undertoad
Radical Centrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clodfobble View Post
Maybe that's where we went off the evolutionary track--we became a polite society first, where men didn't break cues over each other's heads
We... we don't?

There is a lack of awareness of this issue, so I am asking any of my fellow guys in the thread, who have been assaulted, or at least physically harassed to the point of being truly frightened, to please use the hashtag #MeAlso in your messages.

#MeAlso

(Me: assaulted several times. Worst assault required plastic surgery. Once was by a teacher in a full classroom. I've faced being beaten by school officials of course, in the north of England and the redneck zone of America. I've run in fear a handful of times. A friend was assaulted two years ago, and another friend threatened a pool cue solid body guitar assault eight years ago. I'm guessing my experience was average.)

Quote:
I'm just noting that no man was, or even is now, punching Weinstein in the face.
Part of his calculation was putting himself in a place where he couldn't be assaulted. Otherwise he would have been; every man knows this. Also, we don't know that he wasn't punched. I imagine he probably was.

Men relentlessly keep quiet about their assaults out of shame.

#MeAlso

Quote:
But isn't the most effective way to temper those feelings for a man to actually be getting laid on a regular basis? And isn't part of the thing that keeps some men from getting laid on a regular basis their poor socialization with regards to women?
'Cept those sexually aggressive guys often wind up socialized specifically for sexual pursuit (and are terrible people in real life, narcissist pricks etc). The ones who are, get laid more regularly than the guys with girlfriends -- we know, we did the math or at least had the math explained to us.

OMG 1 in 200 men is a direct descendant of Genghis Khan. That was a different time. But still, 1 in 200! Dang!
Undertoad is offline   Reply With Quote