View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 01:42 AM   #3
Flint
Snowflake

I mean, Jesus Christ, I bought a $5 cassette-tape to mini-jack adapter, on a whim, thinking, hey, I can stream from my iPhone to my 2002 Honda. And yes, that's fine, you can do that.

This is cool, I brushed the dust off of my Pandora stations from 2009 and made a few new ones. All is cool, installed the desktop app, subscribed to the upgraded compression rate. Fine, fine.

Problem #1: Want to click on the desktop app to get more info on a band or song, fine, it opens the Pandora webpage. THE FUCKING PLAYER IS INTEGRATED INTO THE WEBPAGE AND YOU CAN'T TURN IT OFF. You can pause it, but EVERY TIME you open a new page THE PLAYER BLASTS OFF AT FULL VOLUME. NO, IT DOES NOT REMEMBER YOUR LAST VOLUME SETTING.

NO IT FUCKING DOES NOT REALIZE THAT YOU HAVE THE GODDAMN DESKTOP APP ALREADY GODDAMN OPEN AND PLAYING--THAT IS WHERE YOU CLICKED ON THE LINK TO OPEN THE FUCKING PAGE.

SO NOW YOU HAVE 2, 3, 4 MOTHER-FUCKING STREAMING MOTHERFUCKERS BLASTING OUT GODDAMNED NONSENSE ALL AT THE SAME FUCKING TIME. E V E R Y TIME YOU ARE CURIOUS ABOUT THE BAND OR SONG THAT IS PLAYING.

Okay, so I learn to deal with my browser and whole computer freezing up for 45 seconds every time I'm curious about music. Oh, and it forgets you are logged in, randomly, about 5-10 times per evening. Fine, whatever, it's still playing cool music. Fast forward to tonight.

The webpage won't load at all, freezes up my whole PC to the point where I have to reboot it, but lo and behold the desktop app is logged in and running just fine. I'm fucking actually paying money for this shit.
expression. ... I found, like Joseph Campbell said, if you just follow whatever
gives you a little joy or excitement or awe, then you're on the right track.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Terry Bozzio
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote