View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 AM   #80
chrisinhouston
Professor

I got a call last Thursday from my 5 year old granddaughter sadly asking, "Grandpa, how come you never come see me anymore?" Well I had been by the house a few times in the week to see the older kids after they walked home from school and Emily is in daycare and doesn't get home until her parents pick her up at 6PM or so. I guess her siblings told her I had been there and she missed out.

So I told her I would do something special just with her on Friday and keep her with me instead of at daycare. The weather here in Texas was nice so I took her out west of Houston in search of those big fields of bluebonnets and other flowers. We got some pictures and headed home. On the way she lamented that she really wanted to be a Cowgirl some day (thanks to a recent trip to the Houston Rodeo) but she had no Cowgirl boots. So on Saturday we went out in search of the prefect outfit and found her some sure enough Cowgirl boots, belt and a hat, now all she needs is a rope.

I think she had a fun day and so did I even if the boots and belt set me back $90! Can that girl strike a pose or what?
Attached Images

chrisinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote