View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 11:02 AM   #58
limey
Encroaching on your decrees

We are currently suffering from a Groundhog Day version of the bathroom refit from Hell. The workmen are all very nice, but the guy who built the house originally did everything himself and didn’t know what he was doing, which means that every time I have someone to come and do some work they are amused/appalled/stunned by what he did and any job takes far longer to do because of what he did in the first place. It will be lovely when it is done, but at the moment Handyman and Joiner are undoing the work of Tiler so that they can do the work of Plumber (who has gone to Las Vegas on holiday) and extend the pipes to fit behind the wall before they reattach the washbasin. I am anxious that they don’t spoil the work of Floorman (men, actually), and also hoping that it won’t be long before Electrician comes to fit the giant heated towel rail. I never thought that this little task would involve nine assorted tradesmen and their merry quadrille through our house at unexpected moments has been rather a trial, lovely as they all are individually and keen as I am to get the work done.