View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 04:38 PM   #4
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Nope, didn't know that. Thank you. Shiras did so much I couldn't begin to get into it, so I just posted the two of the many links. Judging by the passion he threw at so many things, I think I'd want him for my lawyer. If I needed a lawyer. But I don't. I didn't do anything. You Can't Prove Nothin'!

Shiras Moose - Alces alces shiras

Quote:
The Shiras moose has the smallest body and antlers of any North American moose. The body color is a rusty yellowish-brown, with a pale brownish saddle. The moose is North America’s largest deer and grows the largest antlers. It is a huge, awkward-looking animal with a large hump on its shoulders, very long legs and massive, palmate antlers. The antlers grow out from the sides of the head, with the main beam dividing into two principal branches. The smaller branch grows forward and outward and is usually palmate (the brow palm), with points growing from the palm’s forward edge. The larger branch extends backward and upward and becomes a large, flattened palm (the main palm), with points growing from the top and outer edges.

What a handsome beast it is, too. More compact and not as gangly as the bigger boys.
It must be mating season as he's all cleaned up, rack polished, hair brushed, lookin' for love... I can almost smell the AXE.