Thread: Cataract Surgey
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 08:47 AM   #24
Spexxvet
Makes some feel uncomfortable

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirell nutkin View Post
About 30 years ago when I was living in Vermont an elderly widow neighbor of mine got cataract surgery after god knows how many years of progressively losing her sight.

When she got back home she was astounded and infuriated to see how dirty/ grimy her house was. She had a mild freak out and all the local ladies came over and pitched in for a few days to get things spic and span again.

There was mortification all around. Everyone felt responsible in their own way for letting things get to that state. Once it was done no one talked about it again.
Once in a while, an old woman will say that the surgery gave her wrinkles. After all, she didn't see any wrinkles before the surgery, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGum View Post
...The only other thing is that you have to wear sunnies whenever you go outside, even in cloudy weather, because there is always stray UV bouncing about, which causes retinal sunburn (aka snow blindness). Just tell people you are medically cool.
Modern interoccular lens (iol) implants block ultraviolet light. There's still light sensitivity because the iol is clearer than a ntural lens.