View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 06:24 PM   #1577
DanaC
We have to go back, Kate!

Both the research projects that I had an extension for were due in at lunchtime today. I had them both submitted by about 10.30...having worked from fairly early Thursday morning right through the day and night, with a couple of breaks to walk the dog, post a bit in the cellar, eat a sandwich. Thank God the selection of research topics included some with online primary sources (Parliamentary 'Blue Books' and the Mass Observation Archive). I only made my decision on the topic on Tuesday afternoon, was too busy trying to get the other project somewhere close to finished.....

Chosen source: a royal commission on childrens employment in mining and manufacturing from the mid-19th century.....the pdf scanned text is 2100 pages long and difficult to read, physically, I mean, the font and the faded pages in parts.

Other research project involved writing an historical wiki page for the universities wiki project ... I think the course is designed in such a way that you might spend the whole semester building up the actually writing the page.....as opposed to glance at the script commands and short cuts identify a few sources and write the intro then abandon it til 6 days before it's due.

All done. All completed. Took an all-nighter like the last one did, but I got there yey! I'm having the weekend off (apart from a bit of labour party stuff) and so went to the library and got a big bag of fiction to read!
DanaC is offline   Reply With Quote