View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #298
Clodfobble
UNDER CONDITIONAL MITIGATION

New plan, new plan! (I picture myself as a be-fezzed Matt Smith Dr. Who, prancing in circles as I say this.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilby
clod----i don't know how you do it.

is it cocaine, clod? Is that the secret?
The trick is rejecting the idea of complicated, prep-heavy dishes like casseroles and whatnot.

In-laws are now getting prime rib (2 hours in the oven, no big deal,) leftover mashed potatoes (already did the work,) date relish (one of Mr. Clod's specialities, and thus his problem not mine,) cranberry sauce (can opening duties delegated to the stepkids,) frozen peas (microwaved,) and deviled eggs (the one thing I have to make, besides putting the prime rib on a rack.)

Dad's group is getting duck (again, just toss that crap in the oven,) more leftover mashed potatoes, green beans (telling my dad to bring them,) leftover deviled eggs, a second can of cranberry sauce, and bacon-wrapped dates (the one thing I have to make.)

Mom's group is getting ham (aunt is bringing,) steamed green beans with a red bell pepper thrown in for color (the one thing I have to prep,) leftover bacon-wrapped dates, tamales (already sitting in my freezer,) plus guac/salsa for the tamales.

Ain't no thang!
Clodfobble is offline   Reply With Quote