Thread: What is this?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 02:56 PM   #153
BigV
Goon Squad Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flint the psychic
Whatta ya want, "the wood I had around behind my shed that had spiders under it and then I built a treehouse out of it" ???
Stop stalking me.

That is exactly the right answer! Congratulations!

I have a triangular rim joist and some joists parallel to base of the triangle. The trunk of the tree extends through the rim joists at the apex of the triangle, and these boards, they are tapered, carefully tapered, cover the trapezoid that represents the "lower" 3/4 of the triangle. They are the deck, the floor of the treehouse.

The black marks on the patio are pieces of tape that I used to approximate the locations of the supporting members. It made laying out and cutting the deck boards much easier. I was standing on the ground, not on a ladder or in the air, you understand. By the way, there are not enough of them to finish the deck in these pictures. That's why you can see the lighter boards (2x4x8s) at the right. They're just there to fill things in visually for me. A placeholder for me to imagine how much more lumber I'll need to complete the deck.

Things are kind of on hold right now, but the next chance I have at a picture, I'll show you the details. The treehouse will likely be a whole thread, like the roof project.

Good call Flint!