View Single Post
Old 04-11-2001, 02:42 PM   #14
alphageek31337
Enemy Combatant/Evildoer

Re: Re: Protein

Quote:
Plus, you get all sorts of fun diseases from non-Kosher stuff
[/b]
This would be a good time for my tirade on devolution. We're all beocming weaker as a species. This fits in because when people started preferring cooked meat to raw meat, we actually lost strength in our stomach acids and other parts of the digestive system, and now we need to eat the food cooked. That doesn't really matter, but feast your ears on this one: the common cold can kill a man now. A mutant strain of the virus that causes the common cold is now deadly. And this mutation would, probably, have never happened except that people have a bad habit of assaulting their bodies with drugs and other medicines anytime they get a tickle in their throats. Their immune systems grow weaker from lack of use, and all the germs grow stronger through evolution, and eventually evolve to be antibiotic-resistant (I actually grew an amoxycillin-resistant strain of bacteria in 5th grade, but that's a whole other story). These resistant bugs can't be stopped by medicine, but, normally, our immune system would have an imprint of the bug from fighting strains of it before. BUT (and this but is bigger than Oprah Whinfrey's after a tub of Haagen-Daz) the immune system never had to fight it before, and now can't. Now I'm not advising that we stop using drugs to treat illnesses, but we ought to stop using them to treat illnesses our bodies can fight. Between that, and allowing genetic deformations to stay in the gene pool, and be passed on to children, we are becoming a weaker species.

This has been quite a good forum for me

Steve