View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #44
xoxoxoBruce
The future is unwritten

Hello comphappy, glad you stopped by.
The "Air Force Link" you posted had been already posted by Undertoad in post #25.
If you follow the thread, yes, the original posting had the wrong facts. I was misled and I misled Undertoad. After post #25 the real story was known and that's what I was saying in my post you quoted, that even with the true circumstances known, it was still funny. If anyone is to "blame", it's the overzealous contractor, that supplied the system, for not knowing it's capabilities.

What I found as funny as the pictures is the tightassed tap dancing by Tech. Sgt. Steven D. Wilson, Lt. Col. Navnit Singh and Master Sgt. Dana Rogers, trying to be all serious and military.

If you poke around the Cellar a bit, you'll find we're pretty split on what the military is doing, under orders, these days. But that said, I think you'll find we (99% at least) have nothing but respect and admiration for the men and women that have to carry out those orders.

If you feel personally offended by this thread and the comments in it, you shouldn't.