View Single Post
Old 10-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #963
classicman
barely disguised asshole, keeper of all that is holy.

My ex-wife. I know, no shock there. Well lets see ... Imma ramble a bit here, cuz I'm really PISSED.

After my son's accident, she sued me for custody while he was still in a friggin coma. This is because we were told he would never emancipate and if she regained custody, then I would pay her child support for the rest of his life! I fought and won. We settled so she would get Wednesday nights, every other weekend and a week in the summer.

To this day she has routinely not upheld her side of the deal even though I have been EXTREMELY flexible. That makes planning anything very difficult - just sayin'.

For the last 3 years, she has probably seen him once a month, if that. Heck, after stipulating that I couldn't move more than 50 miles away; she decided to divorce her 2nd husband and move to the beach (100+ miles away.) Now its come play at the beach. Every time she has him her Facebook page is littered with the "mother of the year" & I love my kids so much" pictures. Sickening really.

Anyway. So she is taking him this weekend. Daniel LIVES to go to his HS football games every Fri nite. She knows this. Big issue that she has to wait till 9 when the game is over - tough shit, IMO - err rather welcome to parenthood.

This weekend she wanted to take him to the beach for family time with her parents. No problem. Fri night when she shows up, her new BF is driving and they are all gong together. Daniel strongly dislikes the guy. And now the fun begins. Aside from the "mother of the year" posts on FB, she tells me they aren't going to be home when we agreed. She has decided that they are coming back later as she wants to watch the Eagles game with her dad (4:00 start time). This means that Dan won't be home till 10pm at best.

Since his accident, Daniel is EXTREMELY routine oriented and disrupting that makes things difficult for him and those around him. He has been texting me for the last two hours about wanting to come home earlier, but she won't let him. I'm pissed off on a number of fronts, not the least of which is that his bedtime routine takes almost an hour. He won't be asleep till probably 11 and then has to get up at 6:30 for his morning routine. He has to be at work at 8:30. This will throw his routine off for days. This whole week he'll be off. We've done this before and discussed it and assurances were made that "we" wouldn't do it again.

I suggested that Daniel explain/discuss coming home earlier with her. I'm trying to get him to be more independent and discuss what HE wants/needs with others. He says she refused to talk about it, they are staying for dinner and then watching the game with Pap, then going home afterward.
I then get an extremely long, immature expletive laced text directly from her concluding with "deal with it" & her infamous signoff - "Peace & Love"

How is it that someone who is almost 50 still doesn't get that its not about what she WANTS, but what Daniel NEEDS? WTF? Am I totally wrong for being pissed off or is it just me being the "controlling bastard" I'm always accused of being?